Fidget
NOT THE NEWS

10-Year-Old Girl Nearly Dies From Her Fidget Spinner Obsession

A spin too far.

NOT THE NEWS

10-Year-Old Girl Nearly Dies From Her Fidget Spinner Obsession


Fidget Spinners are all the rage now, but I didn’t think it would ever lead to people nearly dying over them.

Images VIA

Boy was I wrong, as a girl over in the US recently nearly died after she choked on one. In a Facebook post, Rose Joneic described how her 10-year-old daughter, Britton, was almost killed by a piece of the new fad toy:

On the way home from a fun swim meet, I heard Britton making an odd noise in the back seat. Looking back in the mirror, I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth. I immediately pulled over. She pointed to her throat so I attempted Heimlich, but there was no resistance.

She said she had put part of her fidget spinner in her mouth to clean it and somehow swallowed it.

Fidget

Is this proof that the Fidget Spinner trend has gone too far? Luckily Britton was taken to surgery, where they removed the object and she’s in recovery. Joneic now wants to warn people about the dangers of this toy:

Not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings. The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8-years-old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard.

Fidget1

Erm, I hate to break it to you Joneic, but your daughter is 10 years old – age-appropriate warnings on toys don’t really apply anymore. Nonetheless, I’m glad to hear Britton made a full recovery. Hopefully that’s the last time she puts Fidget Spinners in her mouth…

To read about the woman who choked out a little kid because she was blocking the Disney fireworks display, click HERE.

To Top