The world saw yet another tragic attack last week in Nice after Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel ruthlessly drove his truck into a crowd of people celebrating Bastille Day in Nice, killing 84 people and injuring countless others.
Featured Image VIA
French prosecutors have now released the chilling messages and interactions between Bouhel and his five accomplices who were helping him to plan the attack. The gang, whose names have been shortened as investigations carry on, include Ramzi A, who has previous convictions for robbery and drug-related offences, Mohamed Oulaid G, Chokri C, Artan H and Enkeledja Z.
Francois Molins, Parisian prosecutor, said that Bouhlel and Oulaid spoke with each other 1,278 times between July 2015 and the date of the attack. He also said that Oulaid had filmed the harrowing aftermath of the attack on his phone. In one of the many messages, Oulaid said on January 10 2015, just after the Charlie Hebdo attacks:
I Am Charlie/Je Suis Charlie hashtag.
Bouhlel responded with:
I am not Charlie. I’m happy they have brought some of Allah’s soldiers to finish the job.
Meanwhile, Chokri C encouraged Bouhlel to carry out the attack by sending messages like:
Load the truck with 2,000 tons of iron, cut the break and I’ll watch you.
Molins stated that public prosecutors have now opened an investigation into the relationship of this gang and their involvement with the attack:
He [Bouhlel] benefitted from help and complicity of others.
It appears… that Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel planned and developed his criminal project for several months before taking action.
If only they had been spotted sooner, perhaps this tragedy could have been prevented. Having said that, it seems that the attacks are coming in thick and fast these days. When are people going to give it a rest and just stop all the hating?
To learn more about how the war on ISIS is not a simple story of good vs. evil, click HERE.