It’s a proper shitty day for Dwayne Johnson AKA The Rock and anyone who’s ever had a pet die will know exactly how he’s feeling.
Featured Image VIA
Here’s the photo he uploaded to Instagram earlier alongside an explanation of what went down:
View this post on Instagram
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldHaveSavedYouOneMoreTime #TheresPickUpTrucksInHeavenYouCanPeeIn
Fucking mushrooms, so sad. I almost didn’t blog this because it’s so sad but sometimes you just have to dig deep inside and blog about the real news no one else can handle blogging. That’s just what we do at Sick Chirpse.
Here’s Brutus and The Rock having a swim:
Brutus giving The Rock a hard time:
The absolute worst feeling in the world. Fuck mushrooms.
P.S. Mushrooms are alright sometimes.