Avocados are undeniably the food choice of the millennial and now they’re set to get even better with the news that you can turn them into fries as well.
Featured Image VIA
I imagine someone must have done this before but an Instagram chef named Cooking with Areh has shared her recipe over the weekend and it’s gone viral so maybe it’s the first time that anyone has ever really heard of it. I know it’s my first encounter with it but I’m not exactly a foodie so that doesn’t mean much.
Anyway, here’s the recipe:
View this post on Instagram
1. Cut the avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Slice avocado in thick slices/wedges.
2. Create a dipping station with three separate bowls. One for the flour, one for the milk, and the third for the panko breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning combined.
3. One by one, coat avocado slices into the flour first, then dip into the milk, then back to the flour, and back to the milk.
4. Lastly, dip in the breadcrumb mixture and cover them well on all sides to make sure they’re completely coated.
5. Repeat the process for all the avocado slices.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 400 degrees Farenheit.
7. Place the avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nice and golden and crispy.
8. Once baked, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce.
Sound great doesn’t it? And the added bonus is that apparently it’s really healthy and good for you as well. Gonna try these out this week hopefully.
Only issue I have with them is they’re not exactly avocado fries and I feel like they’re more like avocado nuggets or goujons or something? That’s not a major problem though obviously is it and they’re still gonna be good aren’t they? Yummy.
For more of the same, check out this article that said a can of Strongbow was healthier than avocados. Maybe they aren’t super good for you after all?