Avengers: Endgame has finally come out and I imagine most people have seen it by now given how it completely obliterated all box office records ever over the weekend, but if you haven’t then I kinda think it goes without saying that there are going to be a few spoilers within this article.
Featured Image VIA
Assuming you’ve seen Avengers: Endgame, you’ll probably have noticed a few callbacks and Easter Eggs to the other movies and maybe even the comic books if you’re so inclined, but I don’t think anyone out there is a big enough geek to have been able to identify them all. Except maybe the guy who made the video below, who is probably one of the biggest nerds out there and probably didn’t even get them all.
Check out the video below or if you can’t be bothered, take away some of the best ones in the list below that:
• Did you know that Endgame was the very first time the name “Hawkeye” has been used in an MCU movie?
• Tony Stark was stranded in space for 22 days. Endgame is the 22nd film in the MCU.
• Nearly every main member of the cast of Community has appeared in a Marvel movie.
• Tony’s daughter Morgan is named after a dream he had before Infinity War.
• Odin actually foreshadowed Norway becoming a new Asgard in Ragnarock.
• “Professor” Hulk is directly lifted from the comics.
• Captain Marvel’s fancy new haircut also comes straight from the comics.
Wow. So glad I learned about all of those – can definitely impress my nerd friends at the next comic book convention with my obscure knowledge of the MCU. Although they’ll probably have seen it too dammit. Can’t win.
For more of the same, check out this ‘really illegal’ video Chris Pratt took behind the scenes of the movie. Can’t really blame him to be fair.