PHOTOS

Worrying Photos Show The Excess And Privilege Of The World’s Richest 1%

Extreme wealth at a time of global inequality.

We’re living in a world where wealth inequality is more extreme than ever before. In the UK alone, the top five richest families are worth more than the poorest 20% of the population.

Images VIA

The extravagant pleasures of the top 1% of the world’s population present an extreme contrast to the remaining 99% and this is something that photographers Nina Berman, Peter Bialobrzeski, Guillaume Bonn, Mikhael Subotzky and more explore in the book ‘Privilege in a Time of Global Inequality’. The photos below present visual evidence to the increasing inequality gap, while highlighting the excessive luxuries enjoyed by the richest people in the world, from home cinemas to cosmetic surgeries to staff waiting to welcome them to a private champagne party after a hot-air balloon ride over the Kenyan wilderness:

A

Cheshire, Ohio2009Daniel Shea privalege 3 privalege 4 Lake Las Vegas/Macdonald Ranch 05.2012 privalege 6 Hollywood, California2007Jesse Chehak privalege 8 privalege 9 Cosmetic Surgery for Men: Male Vanity, the new Industry privalege 11

For more of the same, check out this photo set, capturing the greed and consumerism of celebrity culture.


Trending

To Top