A woman who thought she was snorting a fat line of cocaine accidentally ended up snorting 550 times the normal recreational dose of LSD and not only survived, but the debilitating pain she had in her foot since her 20s was dramatically reduced.
Featured Image VIA
CNN reported on the case of this 46-year-old woman and a separate incident involving a bipolar 15-year-old girl who took 10 times the normal dose of LSD and saw ‘massive improvement in her mental health’.
Their experiences were detailed in case reports published in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs last month, along with that of a third woman who accidentally overdosed on LSD during her second week of pregnancy. She eventually gave birth to a healthy son, now 18, who has not shown any impaired development.
Here’s the report on the 49-year-old woman who took 550x the normal dose:
Incredible. LSD isn’t really for me but I took it once and just remember the world around me melting and horror movie trees coming after me. That was off one hit of acid – this woman took 550 TIMES that amount and is somehow not only still alive but also not sectioned in a mental home somewhere. Although from her friend’s account of her puking and being in a trance for 10 hours I’m sure it wasn’t the most pleasant experience either.
Still, good to see the long-term effects were nothing but positive in not only this lady’s case but in the case of the bipolar 15-year-old as well. Obviously these are unique cases and you shouldn’t go off thinking that a billion hits of LSD are the answer to your problems, but it’s something researchers can take into account as they look into the use of psychedelic drugs to treat both physical and mental health.
For the employee who spiked his co-workers’ drinks with LSD to ‘remove negative energy’ from the workplace, click HERE. It didn’t quite have the desired effect.