Rub’s Smokehouse made quite the wave last year when they announced that they were selling a giant chicken nugget on their menu because it was literally something the world had never seen before: a 4500 calorie nugget containing 330 grams of fat christened The Nugzilla.
Featured Image VIA
Despite the fact that even eating the Nugzilla on its own would be an achievement, Rub’s have decided to whack it up a notch by starting their own eating competition revolving around it, where the person who can eat it the quickest gets £500. The current record stands at six minutes and twenty seconds, which is pretty darn impressive.
Here are the rules:
1. The challenge is to eat the Nugzilla unaided in the quickest time possible.
2. The challenger must not leave the table while the challenge is on.
3. If the challenger vomits then their entry is void.
4. The challenger must not share the Nugzilla.
5. The entry will only be accepted if all is eaten including the fries and all sauce mopped up.
6. Drinks are allowed.
7. All challenge attempts must be made with a reservation – book up online here – adding the challenge attempts in the notes. Challenges cannot be accepted on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You can enter the eating competition at any Rub Smokehouse & Bar restaurant.
8. The winner is the challenger with the fastest time under 6 minutes 20 seconds. This will be announced on the Rub Facebook.
9. Any times under 10 minutes will not be charged for and will receive a free T-Shirt in the post.
Not sure why leaving the table is a rule as surely that would put you at a disadvantage when eating it? Bit mean that you have to eat all the fries and sauce as well but I suppose they don’t want to make it too easy do they.
Either way, not sure how long the time limit to enter is but if you think you’ve got what it takes head down and give it a shot – maybe even film your attempt and send it in to Sick Chirpse because that would be darn impressive and something we would definitely stick up on the site. Good luck.
If alternatively you don’t feel like this challenge, then maybe check out this new job where you get paid to eat chicken nuggets. For real.