Lockdown restrictions are apparently easing up over the coming weeks and so Wetherspoons have decided to reveal to the country how their pubs will look once people are finally allowed back into pubs.
Featured Image VIA
To be honest it doesn’t sound that great, but unfortunately this is what we’re gonna have to do in order to fight the pandemic. Here are the features:
- Drinkers will be asked to sanitise their hands on arrival.
- You will have to follow a one way system to order your drinks
- Tills will be screened off
- Members of staff will wear gloves, masks and eye protection
- Tables inside will be surrounded by screens
- Drinkers will be encouraged to sit outside
- Drinkers will be encouraged to use contactless or order via the app
- Condiment bottles will be replaced with sachets
- Two full time employees will regularly clean all services and touch points
- Every employee will have to complete a daily health assessment
Well that sounds like it’s going to be really weird and a lot of effort to get a beer in the future, but it also sounds like they’re doing quite a lot to adhere to the rules and stop the spread of the pandemic, so you’ve gotta respect that really. Here’s what Wetherspoons chief executive John Hutson said about it all:
At present the government have not confirmed any reopening date for pubs.
However, it is important that we are prepared for any announcement.
We have spent a number of weeks consulting with staff who work in our pubs, as well as area managers in order to draw up our plans.
We have received more than 2,500 suggestions from our staff.
The safety of our staff and customers is paramount.
I mean it does sound like it’s going to be a fairly safe environment to drink in doesn’t it? The only problem is that it’s probably going to be completely solid to get in there once they re-open. Gonna be a major mess whatever happens I reckon.
For more of the same, check out when poo particles were found in the ice in Wetherspoons. Awkward.