We’ve featured a fair few disgusting takeaways here on Sick Chirpse, but this one really does take the biscuit.
The horrific conditions at Fab 4 Pizza in Liverpool were uncovered when an anonymous person notified the Environmental Health Officers about a mouse infestation last year.
What the inspectors discovered was even worse than they could have imagined – the place was absolutely covered in mouse droppings and the rotting corpses of dead mice. Faeces were found near a kebab shaver, on floor services, near a microwave, fridges and freezers and on work services.
The infestation was so bad that the mice didn’t even respond to the usual bait as they were so used to eating the fatty food that was left on the floor.
Inspectors also found bread being stored on the poop-covered floor, grease on surfaces and boxes of raw burgers stored above boxes of ready to eat lettuce. Basically, this is the last place you’d want to buy anything to eat from.
Owner Sadik Cicek, 47, has been forced to pay over £5,000 in fines after pleading guilty to eight breaches of food safety laws. That’s the last time he’ll be running a takeaway for a while.
It really does turn your stomach to think that people were buying food from this place regularly, unknowingly eating mice poo particles amongst other germs and bacteria. Who knows how many other places are operating around the country with equally grimy, if not even worse conditions? It’s a solid reminder to always check the food hygiene rating of a restaurant or takeaway before you eat there.
For more of the same, check out this fried chicken shop that had to be shut down after human poo was found smeared on the walls. Unbelievable.