More Than 150 People Crammed Into A Derelict Pub For A Dangerous Rave (VIDEO)

Footage shows it being shut down at 9:30 a.m.

The vast majority of us are following the government’s guidelines regarding Coronavirus and not heading out and holding mass gatherings and illegal raves etc, so it’s really annoying when you see some dickheads bowling around an abandoned pub and gurning their faces off at 9:30 a.m.

Featured Image VIA

The footage below comes from the abandoned Tate and Lyle Sports and Social Club in East London’s Royal Docks on Sunday morning after police showed up to shut it down after several residents complained of loud music and noise coming from the venue. 150 people were crammed in there and obviously no social distancing guidelines were followed, but perhaps even more serious was that there wasn’t even any running water so people could wash their hands.

That’s kinda grim even before Coronavirus because you generally always run your hands under the water, but even worse in these dire times. Just gotta hope that everyone who attended is OK.

Here’s what Sergeant Simon Biggs – who led the raid on the rave – had to say about it:

When I arrived on scene, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing and was shocked by the event organiser’s blatant disregard for the safety of those there. This health crisis has claimed thousands of lives and people attending events such as this risk furthering the spread of this deadly virus.

The conditions at this abandoned pub were awful, there was no running water, poor sanitary conditions, no social distancing measures and most of those attending were not wearing a face covering.

In addition to the obvious threat of the virus, the building was also evidently in a serious state of disrepair.

Water was dripping from the ceiling and there were a number of other hazards. After leaving, officers made sure to secure the building to prevent further access.

Sounds like a real party pooper doesn’t he? Although in this case I think he might be right as it’s a pretty silly idea to do something like this when there’s a very real risk of spreading or contracting the disease and we can all go back to doing these sorts of things in a few months when it might finally be safe.

The 30 year old organiser now faces a £10,000 fine as he had clearly organised the gathering as a large sound system found in the building. Kinda naive to pull something like this and think he wouldn’t get found out to be honest, but I guess everyone there will be thankful of a good time. Just gotta hope they don’t get COVID. That’s the risk.

For more of the same, check out when someone threw an illegal rave in the back of a van in the town centre. That was really something.


To Top