E-Cigarette Warning As Man Has Half His Face Melted Off After E-Cig Explosion

Kevin Woodward Injuries

E-cigs – not even once.

E-cigarettes have been around for a couple of years now and the jury is still very much out on whether they’re actually better or worse for you than actual cigarettes. It doesn’t help that they keep exploding in people’s faces too.

The latest victim is a guy called Kevin Woodward from Merseyside. He left his Eleaf iStick charging up beside his bed when he went to sleep, only to wake up to what he describe as ‘a blowtorch on the side of his face’:

Images VIA


I woke up and the right hand side of my face was on fire. It felt like someone was using a blowtorch on me.

I didn’t have a clue what was happening — it was like a horror movie. My son had only got out of the bed to get into his own bed two hours before.

When I realised what was happening I managed to slam a pillow on top of the fire, opened the windows and got the kids out of the house.

It’s terrifying to think what could have happened if the kids had been in bed as well at the time.

No shit. Fortunately Kevin won’t need a skin graft but he’s been warned that it might take six months for the scarring and redness to heal. Ouch. I suppose he’s just thankful to be alive though because it looks absolutely horrific.

He’s complained to the Chinese owners of the e-cigarette company but they haven’t passed a comment yet. You can bet he’ll be getting a truckload of compensation though. In the meantime I imagine he’s started smoking again though because it looks like that’s a lot safer than using e-cigarettes at the moment for him.

Here are a bunch of other reasons why they’re dangerous too.


To Top