I suppose writing a letter to your future self has actually been a genuine thing for a while now as you see people doing it every now and again, although I’ve never met a real life person that has actually thought to do it or that it would be a useful exercise. It probably is fun looking back on your dreams from ten years ago and comparing how different your life is but I suppose the chances of you actually ever finding a letter you wrote to yourself ten years ago are pretty slim.
That is unless you’re Kim Kardashian and you decide to record your open letter to your future self on video and upload it onto the internet for everyone to see so you’ll easily be able to find it (you assume) in 2025 when you’re 44. As you might expect from someone as vacuous as Kim Kardashian, the letter doesn’t really mention anything useful and is limited to trashy comments with highlights including:
– Are selfies still a thing?
– Are the terms ‘bae’ and ‘on fleek’ so 2015? If not, am I still ‘on fleek?
– I trust that you will still be the queen of contouring.
– If you haven’t broken the 100 billion mark on Instagram followers, I’ll be very disappointed in you.
– May science invent a mysterious and delicious green juice to keep you tan forever.
As you can see, she’s really highlighting the important questions there. OK, she does say some kinda nice stuff about her sisters and North West, but really the whole video is just so crass and attention seeking it makes me feel physically ill.
If you want to check out the whole two minute video you can do so below, but if you do it without feeling a bit sick in your mouth then you’ll be a better man than me.