Daft Punk have been absolutely killing it for over 20 years, even if they have taken it easier in recent years. Back in 1997, their album ‘Homework’ put them firmly on the map and it has gone on to become one of the electronic music genre’s defining albums.
Featured Image VIA
Following the release, Thomas Bangalter and Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo were asked by German publication ‘Groove’ to name their top ten favourite tracks at the time. Here’s a little insight into what they were listening to during their defining year:
- Babyface – For The Lover In You
- Ween – Freedom of ’76
- Robert Armani – Roud Tour (Dave Clarke Remix)
- Westside Connection – Gangstas Make The World Go Round
- Basement Jaxx – Fly Life
- Thomas Bangalter – Spinal Scratch
- Cheek – Venus (DJ Gregory Remix)
- Armand van Helden – Funk Phenomena (Johnick Manhattan Special Mix)
- CZR – Chicago Southside
- DJ Deeon – Deeon Does Disko
An interesting and eclectic mix of songs – it just goes to show how many different genres and artists they took influence from to create their genre iconic music.
For more on Daft Punk, check out this incredible Daft Punk/Beastie Boys mashup album.