NEWS

14-Year-Old Girl Dies While Trying To Use Her Phone In The Bath

Madison Coe

Health and safety 101.

A teenager has sadly died after getting electrocuted while trying to use her phone in the bath.

Images VIA

Madison Coe, 14, was attempting to charge her device while in the bath at her home in Lovington, New Mexico, when the incident unfolded on Sunday morning.

Madison Coe

Her grandmother, Donna O’Guinn, said that the girl had a ‘burn mark’ on her hand from where she had grabbed the phone:

I call her my shining star. She was very smart. Very good student in school. She just loved life.

She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her.

This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else.

And we want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cell phone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.

We need to be aware. We need to teach our children that electricity and water do not mix.

Well duh. I don’t mean to sound harsh and this is obviously a very tragic incident, but I’m pretty sure most people know by the age of three that electricity and water do not mix – you learn that around the same time that you learn not to stick a fork in a plug socket or touch fire. Where were her parents during that health and safety lesson?

Madison Coe

Nevertheless, as said this is an incredibly sad ordeal and if you’d like to help her family cover the funeral expenses, they’ve set up a GoFundMe page.

To read about the teenager who fell to her death on a bungee jump after mishearing her Spanish instructor, click HERE.


Trending

To Top