A bit of background — Robin Thicke’s smash hit ‘Blurred Lines’ made him an international household name but at the same time brought on tons of criticism from people who claimed he was promoting ‘rape culture’ and treating women as objects.
More recently, Thicke’s wife left him after he repeatedly cheated on her with other women.
All that considered, he’s pretty brave for agreeing to conduct an Q&A session on Twitter. Here are the best insults/troll jobs sent his way thus far:
#AskThicke don’t you think this is an ironic hashtag considering you’re not one for asking?
– Thomas Simpson (@Simmy41) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke When you’re not busy objectifying women, making light of rape and justifying sexual violence, how do you like to relax?
– Josephine Liptrott (@JoLiptrott) July 1, 2014
What does that level of desperation feel like when u have to resort to naming ur new album after the woman who wants 2 divorce u? #AskThicke
– Tanya (@goodlucklana) July 1, 2014
Are you Ricky Martins dad? #AskThicke
– Petra! (@Petra_Leanne) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke will Pharrell be writing the best bit of the answers for you?
– Baz (@bazlyons) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke is your wife planning on writing an album called Robin where she sings the fine print of a restraining order?
– Jenny Brammall (@Jenny_Brammall) July 1, 2014
Dear #AskThicke can I hit your balls with a toffee hammer? “NO?” come on…I know you want it
– Janey Godley (@JaneyGodley) July 1, 2014
Robin Thicke: “I want to do an #AskThicke thing on twitter. Good idea? PR Advisers: “NO!” Thicke: “We all know what that word really means.”
– Chris Finch (@NorthernMunky) July 1, 2014
You’re stranded on a desert island, are you still a chauvinistic pig? #AskThicke
– GearÃ³idÃn McEvoy (@GaRoDean) July 1, 2014
In the song “I know you want it” is “it” a lecherous disgusting string bean of a man or a job with equal pay? #AskThicke
– Hayley Ellis (@Hayles_Ellis) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke if asked if you want salt and vinegar on your chips and you say no but they put it on because no means yes is that ok?
– mostly grumpy (@mostly_grumpy) June 30, 2014
Robin Thicke is getting terrible abuse on the #AskThicke hashtag. Maybe If he’d dressed less provocative & stayed sober it wouldn’t happen?
– Jim Sheridan (@Jim_Sheridan) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke WHY ARE YOU A THING
– molly (@mollyriann) July 1, 2014
– Neal (@NealP55) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke What does misogyny mean?
– Lewis (@fuckyeahlewis) July 1, 2014
#AskThicke how much herbal tea with echinacea would someone have to consume for them to start hallucinating?
– Tom Price (@thomasrprice) July 1, 2014
More abuse on the next page…