There is no better way to amplify the strength of your project management skills than taking the Project Management Professional certification popularly known as PMP.PMP certification is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the USA with the aim to equip people from different backgrounds with standardized knowledge in the field.PMI PMP certification is recognized worldwide and any project manager who has passed PMP test usually has an advantage in landing international projects.
Whether you are highly experienced or not, taking Prepaway should be your main priority. The examis meant to mold you into a thoughtful, skillful and competent project manager. It also includes you in the list of the most valued individuals who have incredible knowledge of handling projects.Before you apply for PMP exam, you need to satisfy a certain set of requirements. There are two options:
- You must possess a secondary degree, 7,500 hours of experience in directing and leading projects and 35 hours of education in the field of project management
- You must possess a four-year degree, 4,500 hours of experience in directing and leading projects and 35 hours of education in the field of project management
If you satisfy one of the mentioned criteria options, you will then be required to sit for PMP exam which is not as easy as it sounds.PMP exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions that you must answer in 4 hours. From the 200 questions, 25 are pretest questions which means that they are unscored.To maintain your Prepaway, you will be required to earn 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every three years.
Reasons to Take PMP Exam
If you are a project manager,then taking PMP exam should be your first mission before even applying for any international projects. The first thing the panel will ask youis whether you have PMP certification.Thisis why PMP examisvitalfor your career:
- It enables you to get recognition.
Project managers who have taken PMP exam and passed it get to be recognized quickly and easily.Thistends to open doors for more opportunities from different sectors. If you deliver your best, you will get numerous recommendations which will catapult you to the peak of your career. PMP certification is like an emblem for perfection– itmakesyou more visible to employers.
- The certification gets you the promotion you want.
The best thing about taking PMP exam is that you get to be valued more than other employees who lackthe certification. Your employers see you as superior worker capable ofhandling more challenging tasks.Thus, you can get a promotion without even breaking a sweat. It is by far the best way to boost your career.
- It enables you to geta raise.
The main aim of PMP exam is to equip you with valuable knowledge and information that you would otherwise lack.Thismeans that you become more valuable in the institution than you used to be.This often leads to an increase in wages. Thisis another good reason why many people go for PMP exam.
- You stand a chance to get international projects.
As a project manager, your dream should be to work in at least one international project. Well, PMP enables you to achievepreciselythat goal.PMI PMP certification is vital for such projects.Before giving you a project,your employers will want to make sure that you understand what is expectedof you. The only way they can get an answer to that question is by asking if you have a PMP credential.
What makes PMP so popular?
There is no project manager who doesn’tknow what PMP is. Its popularity is beyond imaginable. Some of the main reasons that makePMP so popular include:
- It is the principalcertification required to procure an international project and thus it is known by both employers and employees.
- You have to renew your PMP credential every three years to remain an active PMP official, so your qualification is not subject to doubt.
- There are over a million active PMP certified officials worldwide;this means the credentialis not just knownby a group of people in a particularcountry or state.
- The exams are takenby a vastnumber of people yearly both for new PMP certifications and renewals.
- Everyone knows you are a skilled project manager if you have PMP certification.
Tips on how to pass PMP certification exam
Passing PMP exam is not an easy task. It will take you hours of study and hard workto crack the test.Since the candidates should have both the knowledge and hours of experience, most questions will be practical and not theoretical.Below are some of the tips that you can use to get the best score on your PMP exam:
- Prepare early for the exam. Thiswill give you enough time to understand and internalize the concepts.
- Go through the official PMP exam content outline document to know what areas to cover and what to expect.
- Before you take your PMP, make sure you have the following topics on your fingertips:initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing of the projects. These will enable you to tacklethe 175 questions.
- Make sure you get your information from certified material.Thiswill guarantee you equip yourself with only the right knowledge.
- Use quality practice tests to simulate the actual exam environment. You can download some reliable and updated practice tests from Prepaway website.
- Read every question carefully, understand it before proceeding to answer.
- Don’t rush, ensure that you have a steady pace so that you are able tointerpret the questions while keeping time.
Having PMP certification is the only way to get the best projects on earth. It is mandatory to takePMP examin order toget equipped with the superior skills that will make you stand out from the crowd. The above are tips for you to get the best score and earn a chance for promotion, salary increment and most importantly, to lead an international project. Using these tips, you will be able to prepare fully for your PMP exam and become an elite project manager.