‘First Brit To Catch Coronavirus’ Found Dead In Uni Room After ‘Tragic Accident’

WTF? Nooo.

Back in February, 26-year-old Connor Reed became a bit of an internet legend after not only becoming the first Briton on record to catch coronavirus, but also the first to beat the virus, which he claimed he did by drinking hot whiskey.

Featured Image VIA

Well shocking news from the Metro today is that Connor has been found dead at his halls of residence at Bangor University following a ‘tragic accident’, though no more details have been forthcoming.

Connor had been a teacher in Wuhan, China, when the pandemic began and caught the virus in late November, without knowing what it was at the time. Following his recovery, he returned to the UK to study for a Chinese language degree at Bangor.

Writing on Facebook, his mum Hayley said:

It brings me great sadness to announce our beautiful son Connor Reed has passed away in a tragic accident at Bangor University at the weekend.

He will be so greatly missed by his brothers, family and friends. He had such a wonderful smile, enthusiasm and love for life.

We are blessed to of had you in our lives if only for a very short time. Rest in peace our darling.

Hayley told The Sun her son had ‘endured a lot of hardship in China’ and had undergone ‘more lockdown than anyone we have known’, including 16 weeks in China, two weeks in Australia and three weeks in the UK.

She continued:

We are both broken-hearted that his adventures came to an end at Bangor University where he was studying for a degree in Chinese language with what looks like a tragic accident. We will never know where his ambition and drive would have taken him.

Man that’s sad. At 26 years old and having travelled to Australia and China and now studying for a Chinese language degree in Wales, it sounds like Connor had a lot of exciting things on the horizon. Just a shocker seeing his face come up in the headlines under such tragic circumstances only months after he went viral before the virus itself really even took hold over here.

North Wales confirmed they had been called to a room a Bangor University halls of residence shortly after 10pm on October 25. His death is not being treated as suspicious.

For the original viral story on Connor Reed’s coronavirus cure, click HERE.


To Top