It’s been a few years since Resident Evil 7 was released and completely redefined the series with its back to basics approach, but there hasn’t been much talk of the next instalment of the iconic video games franchise.
Featured Image VIA
Rumours have now been leaked to Resident Evil mega site Biohazard Declassified which suggest what might be going on in Resident Evil 8 when it’s finally released:
- Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
- Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
- It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
- The game will be in First-person like RE7.
- Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
- The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
- Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
- There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
- There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
- Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.
Well that’s interesting isn’t it? Especially the wolf-like creatures part and the fact that the landscape is going to be rural, snowy and mountainous – hell of a lot of opportunities there to be regularly scared shitless as you slowly run out of ammo over and over again. Pretty sure Capcom are gonna do it right again this time as well.
Sadly, there’s no release date or anything else really known about the game at this point, but you can probably expect it to come out towards the end of the year or early next year to coincide with the arrival of the new generation of consoles. Gonna be special.
For more of the same, check out this account of playing Resident Evil 7 in VR. Horrific.